How Does Spay and Neuter Surgery Benefit Your Pet?
Every pet is different, and we want to provide care that is tailored to their specific needs. We recommend having almost all pets spayed and neutered after an evaluation by our team. Spay and neuter surgery can have a very positive effect on your pet’s overall health, with benefits that include:
- Reducing the risk of potentially life-threatening cancers (breast cancer, testicular cancer, etc.)
- Preventing pyometra, a severe infection of the uterus
- Preventing negative behaviors such as roaming, vocalizing, and urine spraying
- A potentially longer life due to a reduced risk for reproductive disease
Tips to Help Your Pet Recover from Their Spay/Neuter
When it’s time to take your dog or cat home post-surgery, our team will provide you with instructions for managing their recovery.
Below, we’ve included some general tips to help your pet heal properly:
• Reduce strenuous activities such as running, jumping, or roughhousing for the first 7-10 days post-surgery.
• Keep a close eye on your pet if you’re concerned about potential damage to their sutures.
• Make sure your pet’s sutures remain clean and dry. Our team will let you know when your pet can swim or receive baths.